Sacramento Montessori School teachers encourage independence, courtesy, and sensitivity in our children. They provide the safety and security needed for children to learn and develop self-reliance.
We are always on the lookout for montessori teachers to join our team and help us maintain Montessori Professional Standards. Our teachers work with children ages infant to pre-Kindergarten.
If you are interested in working with us, please read the detailed job description and requirements below. If you feel that you would be a good fit, please fill out the application and submit your resume online.
- Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children while they learn in the classroom environment.
- Developing lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curricula, and methods that cater to the needs of the individual child.
- Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating classroom where all children feel safe and valued.
- Establishing rapport and building relationships with students based on trust.
- Setting an excellent example for students and instilling good values in them like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
- Monitoring and assessing student progress and writing up reports.
- Ensuring classroom supplies and equipment are available and in working condition.
- Updating records on the school database and handling various other administrative tasks.
- Participating in school activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Teaching, Education, or a related discipline is recommended.
- Completed training at an accredited Montessori Center preferred.
- Additional courses or training in Education would be advantageous.
- Passionate about alternative education.
- An ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs, and abilities.
- Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
- The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children.
What Makes Sacramento Montessori a Great Place to Work?
If you’d like to work in a fun, family-like environment, then Sacramento Montessori School could be a great fit for you!
We’re a team of hard-working teachers and support staff. We love our work, and it shows. We prioritize team building activities and quarterly meetings, which help create strong bonds within our team.
Check out some of our recent activities like dress up days, team appreciation gifts, and company get-togethers…