Sacramento Montessori School teachers encourage independence, courtesy, and sensitivity in our children. They provide the safety and security needed for children to learn and develop self-reliance.
We are always on the lookout for montessori teachers to join our team and help us maintain Montessori Professional Standards. Our teachers work with children ages infant to pre-Kindergarten.
If you are interested in working with us, please read the detailed job description and requirements below. If you feel that you would be a good fit, please fill out the application and submit your resume online.
- Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children while they learn in the classroom environment.
- Developing lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curricula, and methods that cater to the needs of the individual child.
- Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating classroom where all children feel safe and valued.
- Establishing rapport and building relationships with students based on trust.
- Setting an excellent example for students and instilling good values in them like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
- Monitoring and assessing student progress and writing up reports.
- Ensuring classroom supplies and equipment are available and in working condition.
- Updating records on the school database and handling various other administrative tasks.
- Participating in school activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Teaching, Education, or a related discipline is recommended.
- Completed training at an accredited Montessori Center preferred.
- Additional courses or training in Education would be advantageous.
- Passionate about alternative education.
- An ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs, and abilities.
- Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
- The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children.